The Department of Public Works' Branch Pickup Program will commence on
Tuesday, April 4, 2023, and end Tuesday, October 31, 2023
The program will no longer occur every Thursday for the entire Village. Branches will now be collected every Tuesday, with the Village being split between the East and West.
Residents living on the East side of the Village (The Greens, Graymoor, Wysteria, Olympia Fields East, Maynegaite and the Reserves of Maynegaite) will have branches picked up the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month - weather permitting.
Residents living on the West side of the Village (Arcadia, Hawthorne Hills, Suburban Woods, Original Village, Olympia Club, Lakes of Olympia, Trails of Olympia Fields, Vienna Woods and Traditions) will have their branches picked up on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month - weather permitting.
Please note the following requirements:
- Branch pickup is for branches cut down by residents only.
- Branches cannot be greater than 8-inches in diameter.
- Buckthorn Trees will not be collected.
- Branches must be placed on or near the curb line.
- Branches cut by private contractors will not be collected. Residents contracting tree trimming services are responsible for the disposal of tree limbs. Failure to comply will result in citations.
- Staff will only spend 10-15 minutes at each site. If there is a larger a pile staff may return later in the day, or the following day to collect.
- Your regular refuse company should pick up all other yard waste such as weeds, flowers or grass. Please do not mix these items with the branches.
Any questions or concerns about this program should be directed to the Department of Public Works at 708-503-8200.