Duties & Responsibilities
The Finance Department is the fiscal collection and control agency of the Village. The department establishes and maintains effective accounting and internal control systems and continually enhances the Village’s financial management and reporting systems.
The finance department is also here to assist the public and residents with information requests and to make recommendations to the Village Manager, Village President and Village Board on financial and budgetary policies.
Administrative Support Services
The Finance Department provides administrative support services to other Village departments in the following areas:
- Accounting - Collection of Village funds; investing Village funds; maintaining financial records of transactions; safeguarding Village assets; developing and maintaining sound financial management information systems, policies and practices; budget preparation and administration; grant administration and oversight; accounts payable processing; payroll processing and administration and oversight of locally imposed taxes and fees
- Annual reports - Budgets; annual financial reports (AFR); tax increment financing (TIF) reporting and the annual Treasurer's Report
- Customer service - Processing of all electronic payments (utility billing automatic payment); overseeing electronic funds transfers and credit card payment processing
- Debt administration - Providing for the timely payment of the Village’s outstanding bonds; preparation of information and reporting required for bond rating firms; preparation and filing of required debt disclosures
- Information technology - Maintenance of the Village’s network connectivity both internally and externally including related hardware and software; providing support to all departments regarding hardware, software and connectivity
- Reporting - Monthly reporting to the Village Board and the Finance Committee
- Records - Custodian of the Village seal and keeper of Village records, maintains the Village codes and official documents, also provides information on elections and the location of polling places, and is responsible for ethics management for all elected and appointed officials