The Village of Olympia Fields values quality education for all residents. The school system strives to educate the whole person, both in the classroom and out.
Schools are staffed with highly qualified teachers. Students are inspired to strive for optimum development of their individualized skills and talents.
Learn about Education Commission Members and Meeting Times
Find the Southland's Best Schools That Are Right For Your Family
Olympia Fields offers high-quality educational opportunities – from public schools to private schools, charters to the Rich Township STEM Academy. Use the lists below to explore a range of school choices and discover the best educational opportunities in the Southland.
- Church of the Nazarene Nursery School and Kindergarten
- Deer Creek Christian School
- Flossmoor Montessori School @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Olympia Fields Schools, Families and the Community Inspire a Lifelong Love of Learning in Students
Bri'Yon Watts, a senior at Southland College Prep Charter School, won a state championship in Dramatic Interpretation at the IHSA Speech competition for his performance in "Impact Statement" by Kristy Thomas
When Bri’Yon Watts, of Richton Park, competes this summer in the national finals of the August Wilson Monologue Competition, he’ll look to a character he’s portrayed for inspiration.
That role of an African American dad whose son dies at the hands of police in the monologue “Impact Statement” by Kristy Thomas earned him a state championship this spring. It was one of many wins for the Southland College Prep Charter High School senior, who thrives on using his speech skills and life messages to move an audience.
“One of the things he is very passionate about is telling their stories this year in light of things that happened this summer in our country,” said Cheryl Frazier, the speech and theatre coach at Southland College Prep who has guided Watts in those arts since he was a freshman. “He wanted to really do something that illustrated the struggles of, especially, young Black men and found a dramatic monologue that illustrated that struggle.”
Read the full story here.
- IllinoisReportCard.com is the state’s official source for information about public schools across Illinois. The information will help you act as an informed partner in the education of our children. Families, researchers, policymakers, and community members can use the site to find school data, including academic performance, school environment, educators, students, and highlights provided by principals.
- GreatSchools.org: Whether it's helping parents find the right school, advocate for better schools, or support their children's learning, we work to empower parents with the information they need to improve educational opportunities–in their homes and their communities.
- Neighborhoods.com: Finding your perfect home starts with choosing the neighborhood that’s right for you. That’s why we help you explore and compare neighborhoods to discover the one that best suits your lifestyle. You can research neighborhood data, read resident reviews, assess schools and amenities, and shop homes for sale. When you’re ready, our hand-picked neighborhood real estate experts will help you take the next step. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>