With all the uncertainty, summer 2020 is going to be much different than previous summers in our community. The Restore Illinois Five Phase Plan issued by Governor Pritzker’s Office is the plan directing how we move forward based on science and data surrounding the fluid COVID-19 virus situation. We wanted to provide you with this brief update on summer at the Olympia Fields Park District
- The traditional day camp programs that many children have enjoyed through the Olympia Fields Park District will not be offered this summer.
- Our Splash Pad will remain closed. We are currently evaluating a potential re-opening later this summer.
- Regular summer program offerings will be added and additional information on programs will be forthcoming following IDPH guidelines.
- Our Annual Concerts in the Park will be cancelled.
- We will be allowing rentals to take place following Restore Illinois 5 phase plan capacity limits. Please contact our office for additional information
Please know that we are closely monitoring the situation daily. We are working hard to be able to bring you the summer programs we all enjoy given the major changes to our operations due to COVID-19.
The value recreation provides a community is beneficial to one’s quality of life and even more so during this challenge. The Olympia Fields Park District’s ability to deliver services as usual is not possible. As the Olympia Fields Park District navigates through the COVID-19 situation, we greatly appreciate the community’s continued patience.
Stay safe, we wish everyone great health and please enjoy your parks, trails and services that are available!!
Jesus Vargas, CPRP
Parks and Trails
- Parks and trails remain open. We ask that users adhere to the Governor’s Executive Order and follow Centers for Disease Control guidelines when visiting these spaces. This includes practicing social distancing and not gathering in groups. Ignoring guidelines could result in increased restrictions.
- Will remain closed until further notice.
Maintenance Department staff will continue to monitor properties and facilities.
As of June 1st 2020 we have implemented reduced office hours:
Monday-Friday 9 AM-4 PM.