Department of Police
Village of Olympia Fields
Chief Scott Morgan
20040 Governors Highway
Olympia Fields, Illinois 60461
Dear Olympia Fields Residents,
The COVID-19 virus has presented another unprecedented challenge. The Officers and Civilians under my command are dedicated to serving this community without hesitation or reservation. As your Chief of Police, it is my responsibility to ensure that police services are delivered reliably without interruption. In my endeavor to do so, you may notice that our delivery of those services will appear different in the days and weeks to come due to a resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic. I am confident that we will overcome this challenge by staying informed, remaining patient, and following direction from medical professionals at the Cook County Department of Health, the Illinois Department of Public Health, and the U.S. Center for Disease Control.
With all this in mind, it is necessary for me to again implement TEMPORARY police response protocols in an attempt to eliminate the threat of the COVID-19 virus on our police officers and civilian personnel.
- Calls to 9-1-1. When you speak to a police telecommunicator at our dispatch center (SouthCom), you will be asked a series of questions that you may feel is unimportant. Please remember, in the law enforcement world, information is vital to our safety. Please be patient with SouthCom telecommunicators.
- If your call to 9-1-1 is low priority / non-emergency, a delayed report, property crime, identity theft crime, or ordinance violation, an Olympia Fields Police Officer will call you by telephone to take your information and generate a police report.
- Please do not enter the Olympia Fields Police facility if your service needs are low priority as previously mentioned. Please return home and call 708-503-8100 to file a report.
- Please be assured the Olympia Fields Police Officers will respond to high priority / emergency calls for service. Officers will be monitoring each call for service from SouthCom and ensure the proper response.
- If your call for service requires a response to your residence, please step outside to communicate with the Officer if possible. Please understand that we will not be shaking hands and will attempt to avoid physical contact when possible in accordance with the recommendations of health experts.
My staff and I are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic 24/7. I am in constant contact with Village President Sterling Burke and Village Administrator Cynthia Saenz. The Village of Olympia Fields will continue to post informational links on the Village website www.olympia-fields.com.
Chief of Police, Scott Morgan