Schedule Your COVID-19 Vaccination TODAY!
Limited supplies of COVID-19 vaccines are now available in some states at select stores to individuals 16 years of age and older who meet state-specific eligibility criteria.
See if you're eligible in your state
You state specific criteria may include:
- Age restrictions
- Field of employment (healthcare workers, essential workers, etc.)
- Health conditions
If you don’t meet your state’s eligibility criteria for a COVID-19 vaccination, you are not eligible to receive a vaccination at this time.
How it works
- You’ll need to be signed into your Walgreens.com account. Don’t have one? No problem. Creating one is quick and easy.
- Complete a short screening.
- If you’re eligible, you’ll choose a location and time for your COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
- If you’re receiving a two-dose vaccination, you’ll be able to schedule your second dose after you receive your first vaccination.
- If you feel ill on the day of your vaccination, please reschedule your appointment when you feel healthy and well.
If you didn’t receive a COVID-19 Registration Code:
In some states, including Louisiana, a registration code is not required for vaccination. If you live in a state that requires a code, but you did not receive one, and you meet the eligibility criteria, please contact your state/local health department.
If you received a COVID-19 Registration Code:
In many states, persons eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination will have received a COVID-19 Authorization Form from their state/local health department. If you received this code, you must present this COVID-19 Authorization Form and your COVID-19 Registration Code (included on the form) at the time of your appointment to receive your vaccination. Those without their COVID-19 Authorization Form and corresponding COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Code, will not be eligible to receive the vaccine at this time.
Do not discard your COVID-19 Authorization Form or Vaccine Registration Code after your vaccination. If you receive a 2-dose vaccination, you will need the same form and code for both vaccinations.
For your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early and bring the following:
- Your appointment confirmation email
- Your COVID-19 Vaccination Authorization Form with your registration code (if applicable)
- Your state ID, valid driver’s license or other government-issued ID
- Your work ID or other document to show proof of employment (for healthcare workers, frontline and essential workers only)
- Your medical and/or pharmacy benefit insurance card
- Download, print and complete the vaccination consent form. If you don’t bring the completed form, you will need to complete it at the pharmacy before your vaccination.