Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Fulfilling its promise to reimagine and restore service as vaccination numbers increase and workers return to job sites, Metra is adding weekday and weekend trains to the Metra Electric Line beginning Monday, May 10.
Metra is adding four trains to Electric Line’s weekday schedule, four trains to the weekend schedule, and adjusting the schedules and/or stopping patterns of seven additional trains. These changes are being driven by ridership patterns and to add reverse commute options for workers at the new Amazon facility in University Park. On weekends, Metra will also be providing additional express trains to shorten trip times to and from the suburbs.
“Our discussions with Amazon to create additional reverse commute options are just one of the many initiatives we are working on to ensure that Metra service post-pandemic is responsive to the region’s travel needs,” said Metra CEO/Executive Director Jim Derwinski. “Providing access to employment centers is a critical service, and we plan to continue to pursue these opportunities to make Metra the best option for our region’s workers and employers.”
New Weekday Service:
• Outbound Train 101 will depart Millennium Station in Chicago at 4:50 a.m. and make all stops to University Park, arriving at 6:03 a.m.
• Inbound Train 138 will depart University Park at 6:30 p.m. and make all stops to Millennium Station, arriving at 7:36 p.m. The schedules for Train 101 and Train 138 are intended to accommodate the needs of commuters traveling to suburban job sites.
• Inbound Train 722 will depart Homewood at 6:37 a.m., make all stops to Kensington, express to 59th Street, then express to Museum Campus/11th Street, stop at Van Buren, and arrive at Millennium Station at 7:23 a.m.
• Passengers on train 147 needing to access stations from 75th Street through Blue Island will need to transfer to new outbound Train 247.
New Weekend Service:
• Inbound Train 828 will depart University Park at 6:40 p.m. and arrive in Chicago at 7:49 p.m. The schedules for Train 101 and Train 828 are intended to accommodate the needs of commuters traveling to suburban job sites.
• Inbound Train 8022 will depart University Park at 6:20 a.m. and arrive in Chicago at 7:21 a.m. This train will operate as an express from Kensington to 63rd Street (flag stop*) and skip stops between 51st/53rd Street and Museum Campus/11th Street.
• Outbound Train 8055 will depart Chicago at 5:10 p.m. and arrive in University Park at 6:12 p.m. This train will skip stops between Museum Campus/11th Street and 51st/53rd Street and operate as an express from 63rd Street (flag stop*) and Kensington.
Weekday Train Schedules Changing as of May 10:
• Inbound Train 702 will depart University Park at 6:15 a.m., operate as an express from Homewood to 59th Street and no longer make stops between Calumet and Kensington. Train 722 will now accommodate passengers boarding at these stations.
• Outbound Train 147 will depart Chicago 10 minutes later at 9:30 p.m., make all stops to 63rd Street, express to Kensington and make all stops to University Park.
• The following weekday train schedules will be modified to accommodate CDOT bridge construction:
View Full Schedule To view the full Metra Electric Line schedule for arrival and departure information for these trains at intermediate stations, visit our website: metrarail.com.
*Note: At stations designated as flag stops, trains will discharge passengers on notice to the conductor or pick up passengers on station platforms visible to the engineer.